I'm so excited to be guest posting for Ashley today. Isn't she so sweet? Love her and her creativity!
I recent shared where I read and what I'm reading over at the DIY Show Off...
See that sliver of bare wall to the left? I'm not a minimalist so I decided it needs something. A quick trip to the craft store and I had an idea...
Vintage inspired wall letters:
- Cardboard letters spelling R-E-A-D
- Deco Art's Americana craft paint in "Tuscan"
- Dark brown glaze (I use Rockler's TransTint dye)
- Command velcro hangers
1. I painted my letters and let them dry. I love this beautiful red...
4. Once the glaze was dry, I applied velcro hangers since the cardboard is so light. (And no holes in the wall...that usually doesn't stop me though. Holes can be patched.)
5. My letters are centered and spaced evenly and secured to the wall with the velcro.
I love the character it adds. What do you think?
Thanks so much to Ashley for inviting me to hang out today! Ashley - I hope you're having a peaceful, relaxing vacation! You deserve it!